Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Clinic Wednesday, Dec. 1

Today we conducted a clinic in a village near Posat. We left Kampong Chnang around 7:45 AM and drove about 2 hours to Posat where we dropped off our luggage and checked into the hotel. Then climbed back in the vans to drive a short distance to a Buddhist Temple, arriving around 10:30 AM.  We set up the clinic as usual and it went very well.  The Team is highly organized now.  Everything flows very smoothly; it is much less stressful to conduct the clinics this year as compared to last year.  We have two tables for registration where blood pressure is taken and the patient is asked to describe their problems.  Glenn Cobb and Dr. Setan Lee preforms these tasks.  Then they are treated by one of two Chiropractors Dr. Rick or Dr. George.  Then  the patient sees either the general practicioner Dr. Nelson or the nurse, Regina Clark.  They write the prescription for the patient who them comes to the pharmacy.  After the pharmacy they go to the prayer line  usually staffed by Sam Hopper and Ron Cole. Sometimes others such as myself, John Clark and Evelyn Cobb assist.  Today there were many healings in the prayer line.  The main Buddhist monk was healed of physical problems (in legs) as Sam Hopper prayed for him. I happened to have my camera on video mode when I saw Sam talking to the monk so I taped it from a distance, trying not to be a distraction.  Afterwards I asked Sam what happened and caught that on video as well.  I will attempt to upload it but I may not be able to.  Hopefully this hotel's internet connection will allow uploading of the video. 
A humorous event occurred last night with my roommate Dr. Nelson.  I noticed he was spending a great deal of time trying to unlock his luggage.  He kept trying and trying, finally he asked me if I had something that could cut the little lock off. It just so happened that I did bring along with me some pretty good wire cutters for a specific purpose. So I got those out and we tried and tried to cut the lock but it was too thick.  We were stumped as to how to get into his luggage.  Then we decided to pray about it.  So, we asked the Lord to open the luggage for us. After we prayed he unlocked it with the first twist of the key!  We sat there laughing at how we were trying to cut the lock off ourselves when all we had to do was ask the Father help us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment