Sunday, November 7, 2010

Anticipation

I can tell you that I am very excited about going on this Mission Trip!  Last year was my first trip and I did not know what to expect.  Reese Hurley invited me to join the 2009 Mission Team last October, and Stephanie and I prayed about it.  We felt strongly that God wanted me to go, so I accepted.  Since I did not know what to expect, my anticipation was blind so to speak.  Now, my anticipation is different!  I know what happened last year.  I  can still see the faces of those whose lives were touched miraculously by Jesus.  For example, I am thinking right now of those six Buddhist monks who, after sitting in the temple all day watching the medical clinics and the prayer line, came in single file to the  prayer line to receive a blessing from the only one true God.  To understand the tremendous implications of this, you need to realize that these monks were the spiritual leaders that the people were coming to for help.  These monks were watching people whom they had tried to help with their religion, get miraculously healed and some converted to Jesus Christ.  They knew there was power here, real power.  And they decided to come for spiritual help themselves.  So, I am anticipating seeing human beings who are in need, who have physical and spiritual needs, touched by the living Lord Jesus Christ.  This is very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment