Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving Day.
I am thankful for many things, mostly for my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That He has redeemed me and brought me into a personal relationship with Him.  I am thankful for my dear wife of 33 years and best friend Stephanie. I am thankful for the 10 children that God has blessed Stephanie and I with.  I am thankful for the spouses of the ones that are married.  I am thankful today that many of my children will be here in the house today to celebrate thanksgiving.
Am I am thankful for this mission trip to Cambodia. I believe it is God's will for me to go, and so I go under His direction and authority looking for God to do His work through me and the members of the Team.  I go with expectations, expecting God to work and bring healing and salvation to many lives that we come to touch on this trip.
But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation, my God will hear me. (Micah 7:7 New American Standard Version)
..."Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," says the LORD of hosts. (Zechariah 4:6 New American Standard Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment